function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GeorgeZouGeorgeZou 

Salesforce SOQL access the managed package object

In Account object, I have a custom field named "Company" which in a managed package (Namespace Prefix: act).
How can I get the value from this custom field by SOQL?

Thanks in advance!

GeorgeZouGeorgeZou

Thank you Harry.

It returns an error like: "no such field 'act__Company__c' in Account object" when try to run the SOQL.

I didn't have "Manage Licenses" button when open the package, just have "Uninstall", "View Components" and "View Dependencies" buttons, but the "Manage Package Licenses" check box was checked on my profile, and the Company field is visible for all the profiles. Any advice? Thanks a lot!

harry.freeharry.free
It works in my side using a system admin user.
I think you can contact your system admin about the security.
GeorgeZouGeorgeZou

Still does not work when changed my profile to System Administrator.

Anyway, Thank you very much for the answers.

cplusplus_pleasecplusplus_please
It says on that link "User should have license granted on that AppExchange managed package."

do you have that?

=============================
Developer for www.voicent.com
Voicent provides CRM, auto dialer, predictive dialer, reminder, and call center solution that is suitable for anyone in any level
Voicent strives to meet customer demands to integrate Voicent software with CRM of their choice.
GeorgeZouGeorgeZou

Since I don't have "Manage Licenses" button, I think I don't have a license on that package.

How can I get a license? Thanks a lot!

GeorgeZouGeorgeZou

I run the same SOQL query via Conga Queries, it can return results.

But it does not works with a .net application call via the Web service API, also I can't find this object when run a describeGlobal() call.

GeorgeZouGeorgeZou

Firstly, thanks all of your answers on this question.

I found the solution on this problem like below:

We have 2 Salesforce environments (test sandbox and production site). In my .net application I used the WSDL file generated from the production environment, but right now this application works on the test sandbox, so this is why it can't find the objects in managed package, but it works on standard and custom objects.

Generate a new WSDL file on sandbox -> replace the file in application -> then the query works...