function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KMarrKMarr 

Assigning fields to section headers

Hi there, I hope you can help me!

Basically, as the subject title suggests, I am trying (but failing) to assign say a group of 3 fields to a particular section header (of which I have created).

The aim is to make the form 'report-friendly' if you like, thus enabling the user to run a report on particular sections to have an overview of the performance of that aspect... with them also bieng able to dig deeper into that section for more detail (i.e. individual questions included under section header) if needed.

The problem I am having is not creating the fields themselves, or the section headers for that matter, it is more so to do with getting the section header to link with the relevant fields and how this will translate into a report.

It sounds simple enough but I have tried a number of different apporaches but cannot seem to create this grouping/nesting/relationship/linkage...

Any ideas? Or is this unrealistic/unachievable??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kimberley

simple-forcesimple-force

Hi KMarr,

I'm not 100% sure if I understand you correct but this is a way to add filters and field to a pageblocksection header.

https://gist.github.com/cdeckert/6424133

<apex:pageBlockSection showHeader="true" columns="1">
<apex:facet name="header">
<apex:panelGroup >
<apex:outputLabel >Artist Type Filter:</apex:outputLabel>
<apex:selectList size="1" value="{!filterType}">
<apex:selectOptions value="{!filterSelectOptions}" />
</apex:selectList>
<apex:commandButton value="Filter" action="{!filter}"/>
<apex:commandButton value="Clear Filter" action="{!clearFilter}"/>
</apex:panelGroup>
</apex:facet>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

Christian

KMarrKMarr

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I appreciate my query to be confusing (trust me, I've been trying to solve it for hours) but all I want to be able to do is report on sections that have recognised links with the questions listed under that section. I'll give an example of a couple of the sections & ideally what I want to happen:

Market Understanding

To what extent...

Understand Target Market (0-5)

Understand its Competition (0-5)

Evidence to Support Market Assumptions (0-5)

Application of Technology

To what extent...

Evaluate use of Technology (0-5)

Investment in Technology (0-5)

As you can see the section headers (in bold) are key areas of the form which are broken down into multiple questions rated 0-5. Ideally when reporting on the above I would like to run a report in Salesforce that recognises the link between Application of Technology - Evaluate use of Technology & Investment in Technology. The purpose of this is to create an overview of the main sections (headers) as the form is quite long and allow the user to access this information with greater effectiveness.

Referring to your response about adding "filters and field to a pageblocksection header", I'm not sure where this would apply and whether it would be relevant to the problem at hand - I appreciate your suggestion though!

Any further insights?

Thank you again for your help, it's much appreciated!

Kimberley

simple-forcesimple-force
Hi Kimberley,

just to understand you correct:
You are using a standard layout with different section. And for each section like "Market Understanding" you have different Fields like "Understand Target Market".

But there is no link in salesforce between the section and the fields.

In reports you are not able to create a link between fields (or between fields and sections).

I suggest to create a formula field to improve the usability like Market Understanding Index (0-5) and as formula (Understand Target Market + Understand its Competition + Evidence to Support Market Assumptions) / 15.

I'm not sure if this is helpful.

Or is it an option for you to create a formula field called "Market Understanding" and a formula like "Understand Target Market: "& Understand_Target_Market__c& BR() ...

Christian