function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pinoytechiepinoytechie 

Problem with dependent lookup fields in "Search Filter Fields"

In "Search Filter Fields", when using lookup field where value selection is dependent on the value of another field, the pop-window for dependent field doesn't show up when the lookup icon/button is clicked.

For example:

1. I have an object called Trademark__c (with fields: Name, Code__c)
  2. Then I have another object called Flavor__c (with fields: Name, Code__c, TM__c). TM__c in this case is a lookup to Trademark__c object.
  3. Now I have another object called Request__c. This object has two fields called Trademark__c and Flavor__c. Trademark__c is a lookup field (to Trademark__c object), and Flavor__c is also a lookup field (to Flavor__c object). Now there's a filter in the definition of Flavor__c field that the records it will return/show are those only related to selected (value) of Trademark__c.

1, 2, and 3 are fine.

Now in the "Search Filter Fields" of Request__c object, I would define Trademark__c and Flavor__c as filter fields. When I do global search, in the results for Request__c, there's an area where I could further filter the results. I can click the Trademark__c lookup icon just fine. But the Flavor__c lookup icon doesn't work when I click on it.

When I click in the non-working lookup icon, I can see the following message goes out of Chrome's JS console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'lookupControllerIds' of undefined main.js:696
DetailPage.getReferredDomIds main.js:696
(anonymous function)

In IE8:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 15:27:34 UTC

Message: 'this.getFieldById(...).lookupControllerIds' is null or not an object
Line: 696
Char: 191
Code: 0
URI: https://ap1.salesforce.com/jslibrary/1375816926000/sfdc/main.js

In Firefox, I get:

Timestamp: 9/3/2013 11:30:20 PM
Error: TypeError: this.getFieldById(...) is undefined
Source File: https://ap1.salesforce.com/jslibrary/1375816926000/sfdc/main.js
Line: 696

Tried in different orgs, and got the same result.

How to solve this?