function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gurditta GargGurditta Garg 

showing strange error when creating master-details relationship

Hi,

i was trying to create a Master-Detail relationship, it gave me error that the records for the related objects need to be deleted when i deleted and tried again it gave me below error : 

An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

Error ID: 467228631-21711 (623707184)

AJSFDCAJSFDC

Have you deleted the records in recycle bin? Make sure you have the backup if your instance is prod.

Cheers,

AJ

ShahTheTrainerShahTheTrainer

if the records are not getting deleted..

the alternative is,  FIRST establish look-up relationship, populate every record look-up value, once every record is populated with value in the lookup field, Convert the lookup field as MASTER-DETAIL.  Hope this will work for you.