function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jbowshawjbowshaw 

Newbie questions

Hi,

I've just started to learn sales force.  Our company already has some custom dashboard pages and a iframed page on a tab a previous developer created.  

Since I'm new to this API and figure I don't need to learn everything at once, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on what modules to learn to accomplish the following task.

Build a report for a dashboard which takes each account and gives the last 6 month sales history. Right now we don't enter sales data in SalesForce. This is in our proprietary web based system. We input our unique account number in sales force, so this number could be used to grab sales data from our system.

What would be the best way to push our sales data into some custom data types (whatever those types are), so I can create a datasource on the custom data types to pull 6 months worth of data? Figure the custom data type would contain (account number, sales date (Y-m-d), and sales amount).

Any help here would be grately appreciated.

Jesus.ArcasJesus.Arcas

Hi,

You may upload your data using Dataloader application (http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Data_Loader), as long as you can export your data to a CSV file.

Regards,

Jesús Arcas.

jbowshawjbowshaw

Nice, so all I have to do is import some custom data feed, create a data source using the feed and bing bango I've got a report.

jbowshawjbowshaw
fyi, I found out we only have the Professional. Any other way to accomplish this task under a Professional License?
sourav046sourav046

You could use https://workbench.developerforce.com to load data .

FYI ,Workbench  is a salesforce site,which takes your salesforce UserName and Password and redirects you to your org.

You can query data ther like a SQL Server.\

Not only that,you can Edit,Delete,Insert ,Bulk Insert,Bulk Delete,Import ,Export everything from there .

Its basically a DataLoader with improved funtionalities like you dont have to Dowload any agent.You can query there which you cant do in data loader and it can be opened as a webpage .