function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CyberJusCyberJus 

Force.com IDE deploy to retrieve error

Hi, 

I am trying to deploy from sandbox to production, and every object is showing up in the "Add" section. Looking at the IDE Log viewer it looks like I am getting a "Deploy to retrieve" ServiceException: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION. I created a case with SFDC support, just waiting to hear back. Here is the partial stack trace:

WARN [2013-03-04 09:05:16,102] (BasePackageService.java:waitForResult:144) - Deploy or retrieve operation to 'https://na9-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/m/26.0/xxxx' failed: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 819342941-5767 (263768281) (UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION)
WARN [2013-03-04 09:05:16,112] (PackageRetrieveService.java:retrieveWork:1062) - Unable to retrieve components: ServiceException: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 819342941-5767 (263768281) (UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION)
WARN [2013-03-04 09:05:16,124] (DeploymentController.java:generateDeploymentPayload:335) - Unable to retrieve remote components for resources
com.salesforce.ide.core.services.ServiceException: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 819342941-5767 (263768281) (UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION)
at com.salesforce.ide.core.services.BasePackageService.waitForResult(BasePackageService.java:151)
at com.salesforce.ide.core.services.PackageRetrieveService.getRetrieveResult(PackageRetrieveService.java:941)
at com.salesforce.ide.core.services.PackageRetrieveService.retrieveWork(PackageRetrieveService.java:1053)
at com.salesforce.ide.core.services.PackageRetrieveService.retrieveWork(PackageRetrieveService.java:1006)
at com.salesforce.ide.core.services.PackageRetrieveService.retrievePackage(PackageRetrieveService.java:319)
at com.salesforce.ide.deployment.ui.wizards.DeploymentController.handleSourceRetrieve(DeploymentController.java:462)
at com.salesforce.ide.deployment.ui.wizards.DeploymentController.loadRemoteProjectPackageList(DeploymentController.java:425)
at com.salesforce.ide.deployment.ui.wizards.DeploymentController.generateDeploymentPayload(DeploymentController.java:333)
at com.salesforce.ide.deployment.ui.wizards.DeploymentController.generateDeploymentPayload(DeploymentController.java:251)
at com.salesforce.ide.deployment.ui.wizards.DeploymentPlanPage$1.run(DeploymentPlanPage.java:141)

Anyone else having issues with this, and/or know what might be causing it?

avijchakavijchak

It says unable to retrive fron source . It may the sandbox have some issue at that time have you checked trust.salesforce.com

CyberJusCyberJus

Yes but it is the remote source it is failing to retrieve, correct?

I actually recieved an update from SFDC support saying it was the sharing rules that were creating an error on retrieve. The sharing rules exist only in Sandbox, it was something i needed to deploy to production. I deleted the custom sharing setting metadata component and the deploy was able to do the diff. Still seems like a bug on their side, so I will post if I find any update.