function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sftechlearnersftechlearner 

How to find nearby contacts of a shipping address?

Hi,

We have a shippping address in cases object. And we are looking for an App that can find the near by contacts(a map that displays all the nearby contacts of this address). 

Please advise!!!

Thanks!

byrdsbyrds

Geopointe

This app can be customized to work with any objects, standard or custom.  

You can define a radius of how far out you want to map.

Please give Kudos if this helps.

sftechlearnersftechlearner

I have installed Geopointe. But when i click the visualize object and select the country USA it displays '

Your query did not return any results.'.

I also tried to use 'Find Nearby ' App but when i click 'Locate Account' it just shows  'Locating Accounts... Don't close this window'  and doesn't display anything.

Please advise!!!

byrdsbyrds

You will have to go in to the GeoPointe settings to set up what Object/fields you are referencing (map start point) and what Objects/fields you are wanting to map that are with in a given distance.  

Geopointe has great support, you may want to open a quick ticket with them. 

It has been awhile since I have done this, I will look to see if I can assist as well.  

Example:

Go to Geopointe Setup:

New Map Object - This is where you define the target location (from what I can remember). This can be assigned to a  

button on the Object of the target starting location like shipping address on the Account record.

Data Sets - This where you define what locations you want to map in relation to the address above.

Once this is setup - You can click the map button (you may have to add to you page layout) on the Account page for example.

This will show the target address on the Map.

Then choose the Data set selection from the drop down on the map view.

then click radial search.