function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AkirafeiAkirafei 

Help for dynamic routing in approval workflow

Hi,

We have a project to develop an approval workflow.  In our project, we will receive requests from different regions and then send those requests to different approvers based on the region.  Therefore, we need support of conditional branch similar as if-else or switch .

I have read all documents of Salesforce  and did not find such feature.  Can anyone let me know whether it is supported in Salesforce or any "walkaround" solution? Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AmitSahuAmitSahu

Is it not possible in Approval Process ? I think it should be possible using the match criteria where you can compare the Region of the Object and based on that you can route the object to some user.

All Answers

AmitSahuAmitSahu

Is it not possible in Approval Process ? I think it should be possible using the match criteria where you can compare the Region of the Object and based on that you can route the object to some user.

This was selected as the best answer
Shivanath DevnarayananShivanath Devnarayanan

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, 

but from what i could understand from your post is that you need branch the logic based on your approver's response to a particular request sent to him

there are 3 ideas that come to my mind as a possible solution 

1) you could set up a Inbound Email Service 

when a request for approval is sent to a approver, He could send templated response back to the system as an email and we could use apex inbound Email service to capture these emails and branch the logic accordingly

More about Inbound Email Services : 

Beautiful Blog By Jeff Douglas

Salesforce Help DOC about Inbound Email Obj

2) You could also create a VF page / Site.com Page for your approvers in your company / Client where they login and respond to their approvals, and you can have great flexibility to control the response

About Site.com Features

Documentation on Visual Force Pages

Visual Force Developers guide

3) If its not complicated as i think it is , we could take the approach of Approval Processes and joining it with triggers based on field updates etc. I could give a better picture on this idea if we have more clarity on exactly what we are aiming at.

more on Approval Processes

Hope this helps and not convoluted the inital idea !

thanks !