function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mkleinmklein 

Need to Calculate Value Of All Products Fields Within Opportunity Amount Field

We have two types of pricing - one being MSP / per-month pricing. For our MSP price book, we have entered all pricing as per one month. To calculate the total amount due, we created a field '#of Month Committed' which is then multiplied by (MSPPrice*Quantity) and reflected in a second field we created "Total Payment Due". However, for reporting measures, this is not reflected as the total price of the opprtunity as the SalesPrice is only taking the MSP Prince * Quantity and not taking into account the number of months.

Support tells me I need to create a way to calculate the sum of the values of the product amounts so that it is reflected on the opportunity level.

I'm not a developer.

Anyone..?

NerdFishNerdFish

This gets tricky because you can't edit the total price field.  It is a hardcoded formula.  So generally you would use a work flow to write your amount to a field that would be picked up by the total price formula.

I am confused, though, on what would be the difference between using your MSP price and #Month Committed and using the sales price/quantity that is native to SF. 

But, if I understand what you're trying to do, you could use the work flow to write the result of MSP * # Month committed to the sales price field.  SF would pick up that number and multiply it times quantity and give you your total price.