function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dradtkedradtke 

How do I display *only* user debug messages in the developer console?

I can't even filter the log because it's too big and always opens as a raw file. I'm trying to track down an issue, but I have no idea what's going on because I can't find my own log messages in the mountain of HEAP_ALLOCATE messages.

AmitSahuAmitSahu
There is no such filter called user log does not exist in developer console . Buy you should be able use the browsers inbuilt search function to find your log.
dradtkedradtke

The browser's search here is extremely spotty; for example, if I search "user_debug" then hitting enter several times implies that it is finding the results (the "hit bottom, starting over at top" message comes up after several hits), but the log doesn't scroll with it. The size of the log also causes the window to be quite slow at times when I try to do this. Occasionally I can get it to search correctly if I use a different term, but that tends to be the exception rather than the rule.

Is there any way at all to set up custom rules for reducing the size of a log?

AmitSahuAmitSahu

When you are on Developer console and click on Log Levels .... have you tried most of them to Error and just leave System to debug.. That should reduce the log size or you can set only Apex Code log to be finest and rest of them to Error.