function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Santhosh KumarSanthosh Kumar 

Real Force Explorer

I have been using Salesforce for a while and I really wish Salesforce invests good amount to improve the developer tools. While using the Force.com Explorer, I left to wish for more features and clean/easy interface. Had a thought to fill that void and developed the Real Force Explorer (all the pun intended :) ).

Here are the main features (as of yet)

• Manage multiple Salesforce connections and save password encrypted using master password
  • View the objects (standard, custom, customsettings, history and share objects), its fields, record types
  • View the object's Child (this is a huge plus as in website you can view only the parent relationships) and Parent relationships
  • Search for object
  • Navigate from one object details to another object if there is a relation
  • Generate soql query to view object data (all, standard, custom, most or selected fields)
  • Execute soql using non-blocking execution which you can cancel anytime
  • Execute the soql with bind variables and tool would prompt you to enter values for bind variables
  • View and reexecute Soql execution history
  • View the soql results in Single row mode 
  • Explort the soql results into csv, xml, html and text formats
  • More features are on the way

Thanks in advance for your time to check the tool out. Let me know what worked and what didn't. You can log a feature request if you think it would be useful.

https://bitbucket.org/brsanthu/real-force-explorer/wiki/Home

Ed_AguirreEd_Aguirre

Hello,

I have been using your tool recently and I think you have done a every good job, it is very intuitive and handy, I just got three questions, hoping that you can help me:

1. How do you execute a "Query All" to see deleted records?.

In Force Explorer there is an option to use Query or Query All so that when this query is run you see deleted record, but I could not find a similar option in Real Explorer, I ran the query and got zero results: 

SELECT id, isdeleted

FROM Lead

WHERE isdeleted =True

2. Is there any way to drag and drop fields into the query so that there is no need for typing. This would be handy when the query needs to include many fields

3. Is there any way to from Field Label to API on the Explorer view? This is supported by Force.com.. Can this be done through some configuration? 

Thanks in advance for your help and once again. you have done an outstanding job, thanks for that.

Cheers, 

Ed

Santhosh KumarSanthosh Kumar

Hi Ed,

Apologies for the delay in response.

It is definitely possible to add these features. Let me think about it and update the thread about when would these be available.

Santhosh.

Ed_AguirreEd_Aguirre

Hello Santhosh, 

Thanks for your reply, I look forward to seeing this enhancements to Real Force. Thanks for listening to suggestions.

Cheers

Ed

SimplySfdcSimplySfdc

Hi Santhosh,

I just download version 1.0.9, but it error when I expand on any object. But, version 1.0.8 looks good.

May I know how to change the API version used? Is there a setting? It is currently it login use version 25.0

Thanks.

sq

Ed_SophosEd_Sophos

Hello Santhosh, 

Has the developed and support on RealForce being stopped? Any plans to reinitiate development on your tool. 

Cheers, 

Eduardo