function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kishan TrambadiyaKishan Trambadiya 

report on History field tracking with Custom Objects?

I want to track the fields History that getting changed. i want the report that provide the old value of any field and also new value of that field.
Lets i want to track the keyword custom field. if changed the keyword than it will show the new value and also its old value.

BharathimohanBharathimohan

Hi Kishan,

For every Object either Standard or Custom, a History Report Type will be created automatically.

Example, if we have a custom Object called "Deal" then Deal History Report need to be used.

You need to enable Field History Tracking for the fields that you need to track in the Deal Object.

Read this link on how to enable Field History Tracking

In the Deal History Report Type, you will find 3 fields,

1. Field/Event (which is the field you enabled for tracking)

2. Old Value (Old value of the field which is tracked)

3. New Value (New value of the field which is tracked)

Note : you can enable Field History Tracking for a maximum of 20 fields per Object.

To track more than 20 fields, read my blog post Tracking more than 20 fields in an Object on  for an alternate way of Chatter Feed Tracking.

Let me know in case if you need any further clarifications, else mark this post as solved for the benefit of others.

Thanks,

Bharathi

Salesforce For All

Kishan TrambadiyaKishan Trambadiya

Thank you for your detail description.

But i need help on tracking the history of Long Text area Field. i used field history tracking for Long Text area field but it shows only ' -' value when this field get change. so tell me some other idea to track that.

BharathimohanBharathimohan

Hi Kishan,

You're right.

Salesforce will track that the Long Text Area field was changed but their Old and New Values will not be tracked and will show '-'.

Here is the work around in my blog, which i wrote it for you,

http://salesforceforall.blogspot.in/2012/10/tracking-long-text-area-fields-work.html

Please mark this post as solved, if it helps you.

Regards,

Bharathi
Salesforce For All