function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rajjjjrajjjj 

Is there any limit on a standard object or custom object to be a master in M-D

Is there any limit on a standard object or custom object to be a master in a Master- Detail Relationship.

I am making Account to be a master of a custom object. Can i make Account as master to as many custom objects or a custom object as master to as many custom objects.

MagulanDuraipandianMagulanDuraipandian

The maximum number of Master-Detail relationships that can be created on a custom object is 2.

Regards,

Magulan D

Salesforce.com certified Force.com Developer.

SFDC Blog

If this post is your solution, kindly mark this as the solution.

rajjjjrajjjj

The one you are saying is how many master detail r/ships that can be created on child is 2.

What i am trying to know is wat is the maximum extent a object can be master to detail???????

kk909kk909

Hi ! Everyone.

I've found my question relevant to your post. So, Posting my query here.

I've tried to create a custom object named "course" to be a Master in more than 2 Master Detail Relationships(I might have converted lookup to master in few cases), but I was told that the maximum limit is only 2. Please clarify the point.

Thanks..

rajjjjrajjjj

You can do that and make your custom object 'Course' to be a master of other objects (more than 2 times).......

but You cannot make more than 2 Master- Detail relationships in your 'Course' Object.

Check this link:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q777/rajusa321/customobj.png

There you can that a object can be master to other objects more than 2 times.....either a standard object or custom object.