function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
code redcode red 

VF page problems with beta managed package

Hi all,

I have created a beta managed package and some of my VF pages are not functioning properly when I install the package into a test org. My app has a very complex page navigation schema, using Custom Settings (for page nav) and Static Resources (for css and images). The pages work perfectly in the source org (in the actual managed package) but not so much in the test org.

Here is some markup from the page View Page Source where I detect a problem:

<div id="primary-navigation-wrapper">
<ul id="primary-navigation">
<div id="home-tab">

<li class="inactive"><a href="/apex/Splash"> </a></li>
</div>

<li class="inactive"><a href="/apex/ratinglist"><span>Compliance</span></a></li>
<li class="inactive"><a href="/apex/projectlist"><span>Projects</span></a></li>
<li class="inactive"><a href="/apex/aircraftlist"><span>Aircraft</span></a></li>
<li class="inactive"><a href="/apex/engineeringplanlist"><span>Engineering</span></a></li>
<li class="inactive"><a href="/apex/cataloglist"><span>Materials</span></a></li>
<li class="inactive"><a href="/apex/auditplanlist"><span>QMS</span></a></li>
<li class="inactive"><a href="/apex/issuelist"><span>Issues</span></a></li>
<li class="inactive"><a href="/apex/companylist"><span>Contacts</span></a></li>
<li class="inactive"><a href="/apex/reportlist"><span>Dashboard</span></a></li>
<div id="view-all-tabs">
<li class="inactive"><a href="/apex/AllObjects"> </a></li>
</div>
</ul>
</div>

I have underlined and highlighted the suspect markup. The state of our 'splash' page should be 'active', but is returning as 'inactive'. With the page state 'inactive' some of the page links are invisible (though the page link function works), and the color of all links and action/command functions are light gray or invisible as taken from our various css/Static Resource files. All of my 'related' lists are intact and functioning.

When I hover over a VF page link (the image is missing) and nav to that page, the related reference in the above markup should be 'active', but it is not. None of my linked page references can be made active. In the source org upon selecting a related page, the markup returns 'active'.

I have checked all package elements and everything is included and passing to the installed package in the test org, but I don't know where the state of a page view would be set by any of our code; as noted, the pages work fine in the managed package.

When I deploy all the source code from Eclipse/Force.com IDE, everything works perfectly.

Would anyone have a suggestion or similar experience on this problem? Thanks in advance!

Regards...