function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MrdiniMrdini 

More efficent PHP code?

Currently, I am in the process of reworking my web-to-lead script into a more efficent form that uses the Salesforce API. However, I have a niggling feeling that I'm taking a fairly roundabout way of doing this code-wise, and as such, there could be a better way of doing this....
$sf_query = "SELECT COUNT() from Contact WHERE email = '".$query['email']."'";
$queryResult = $mySforceConnection->query($sf_query);
if(($queryResult->size) >= 1)
{
$sf_query = "SELECT id, Name, OwnerId from Contact WHERE email = '".$query['email']."'";
$queryResult = $mySforceConnection->query($sf_query);
$sObject->WhoId= $record['0']->Id;
$sObject->OwnerId = $record['0']-> OwnerId;
$sObject->stuff = "Stuff"
$createResponse = $mySforceConnection->create(array($sObject), 'Task', $header);
What I'm wondering is whether it's really necessary to do 2 queries, the first in order to check if an contact with that email exists, & the 2nd to retrieve that record. As far as I can tell, COUNT() must be in a query of its own, hence me asking...
On a side-note, how would I assign to another owner without YET another query (in the event of this owner being inactive, or a queue). TIA!
Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)
You do not really need the first query; just execute the second query and see if there is a result. If there is, you have what you want. As for the owner question, I'm afraid your stuck with another query unless you want to hard-code the alternate value if the assigned owner is a queue, and possibly two more if you want to know if the assigned owner is inactive.