function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
zbeckmanzbeckman 

Started happening today: PHP fatal error: 'uri' option is required in nonWSDL mode

Today, apparently spontaneously, our PHP front end to Salesforce started spewing the following errors:

[Mon Jun 18 17:22:24 2007] [error] PHP Fatal error: SoapClient::SoapClient() [function.SoapClient-SoapClient]: 'uri' option is requred in nonWSDL mode in /Library/WebServer/STI/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php on line 57

The error corresponds to a line in the Salesforce PHP kit shown below, note the line with an asterisk:

public function createConnection($wsdl) {
$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] = 'Salesforce/PHPToolkit/1.0';

// Bug #36283 SOAPClient Compression Broken. Fix will be in the release after 5.1.2
// $this->sforce = new SoapClient($wsdl, array('compression' => SOAP_COMPRESSION_ACCEPT | SOAP_COMPRESSION_GZIP));
* $this->sforce = new SoapClient($wsdl, array('trace' => 1, 'encoding' => 'utf-8'));
return $this->sforce;
}

Not only has the code not changed, but it's not even ours (part of the PHP API kit from Salesforce). It's been running fine for over a year... can anyone offer pointers as to why our site is now suddently disfunctional?

As it's taken down our production system, this is a critical issue. I'd really appreciate any assistance.
Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)
Did something happen to the WSDL file that the $wsdl variable should refers to? It sounds like you're passing a null or something non-WSDL in that value.

Park
zbeckmanzbeckman
No, I thought of that. The file (partner.wsdl.xml) is fine. We also have a fallback system, which is a copy of the site. I tried switching to the site copy, and no difference.
zbeckmanzbeckman
Ok, so, I have now upgraded to the latest PHP API (1.1.1) and tried both the latest partner and enterprise WSDL files (9.0). No difference... still getting exactly the same error. I've also reviewed the latest examples to see if there is some change in the API (e.g.: how to connect or login) -- the examples seem to match the code here perfectly.

So, our site is still down (because Salesforce won't talk to it) and I've still no clue as to what broke yesterday. Everything seems to be pointing to Salesforce.com itself... has anyone else experienced similar problems?
zbeckmanzbeckman
Alright, we found it.

Thanks to everyone for helping us find this. Turns out it was a DNS server problem on our end -- for some reason, the server was failing name resolution for salesforce.com. Once it was restarted, we got our connectivity back.