function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JMcLeodFEWAJMcLeodFEWA 

Requiring Fields Server or Client Side on Web2Lead Forms

Has anyone successfully figured out how to require and notify the user completing the web 2 lead form that they haven't field out required fields? Or has anyone written a code that will first check to see if the fields are filled out and then once the data is validated then send (post) the data to the salesforce servlet?
I found a sample form i can use to make my web 2 lead forms required and have the message post back to form saying the required info hasn't been submitted, but does anyone know how to then make it post to SF?

I guess what im looking for is someone that has done this, and then wouldn't mind sharing the code with me so i can get it up and running for my org(a template of code i could modify for my org) . Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JMcLeod @ FEWA
diegartediegarte
Hi,

Try FormVester for AppExchange, it allows generating leads form any existing online forms into salesforce (simply by inserting a snipet code into your website pages).
That way you can use your own forms with more advanced srcipting ( that could check if required fields are filled) regardless of the default salesforce web2lead restrictions, and thus you could have total flexibilty over your forms functionnalities.

Hope it can help.