function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MunnaMunna 

Query on Sales force API

Hello,

I have few questions regarding sales Force API.

Currently i am using sales force as a CRM application on my project.

I have already downloaded the api of sales force and I am able to perform many operation through my application (select the lead,update the lead etc).

now I would like to access my application through sales force, Is there is any way to access my application from sales force.

If I will create any lead on sales force manually then I want my database should be updated with new lead.

It would be great if I get the solution ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards

Manas Khanna

SuperfellSuperfell
Take a look at Outbound Messaging (part of workflow)
MunnaMunna
Thanks Simon for your quick reply.

I have few more queries regarding SalesForce API.

As per my client words he siad many companies will be having their prospect on salesforce with their saperate account.
my question is if i want to access the leads of all the companies then how i can i do this.

as i have my account on salesforce and i have my own wsdl(API), from my API web service i am only able to access only my account related leads, contacts. and others information.

Is their is any way to access every companies Leads,Contact etc.. from a common API.

Thanks in advance.
Manas
SuperfellSuperfell
The Partner API is completely metadata driven and allows you to write a single piece of code that will work with many different accounts. You will of course still need credentials for those different accounts.
MunnaMunna
Hi Simon,
As per as your last post you mention that i can use partner wsdl on behalf of Enterprise wsdl..

is it true.
should i go for Partner wsdl?

I am also using out bound messaging as you told me to reflact the changes on my local database.

my question is in Outbound messaging what shoud be the Endpoint URL?
it should be webservice or it can be any aspx page ?
can i handle the outbound messge response in aspx page ?

Thanks in advance.
Manas
SuperfellSuperfell
is what true? the partner WSDL is available for anyone to use.

This, and your outbound messaging questions are covered in the API docs.
MunnaMunna
Hi Simon,

hope you doing great.?

Can you please expain me the main difference beetween Enterprise WSDL and partner WSDL.
i din't find any difference beetween them.

As i an access any accont information by using Enterprise wsdl by passing username and password from my application.

so where is the diffrence?

Thanks in advance.
Manas
SuperfellSuperfell
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_CSH.htm#sforce_api_partner.htm
MunnaMunna
Hi,

do you have any idea on getupdated() and getdeleted() method on salesforce(for data replication)?
this function accept  3 parameters.
1- Object type(Lead,Account,Contact).
2-Start date
3 End date
my question is.
this function not accept start date gretaer then 1 month back.
soppose if i pass start as 2 months back then it's give error.
as per my requeirment my problam will not solve by using this function if it will not  accept start date greater the only 1 month back.

is there is any way to solve this kind of problam?

also ia m not able to download partner wsdl..
as on salesforce there is no such option like. Setup | Integrate | Apex API

the option is avialable with salesforce is SetupDevelop API  on this location i am able to find option to download enterprise wsdl and partner wsdl.

so i would like to know from above both locaion i can download the same wsdl

Thanks in advance.
Manas

Message Edited by Munna on 09-23-2008 04:04 AM
SuperfellSuperfell
use query to catch up to the current state, then use getUpdated / getDeleted to get incremental updates.

I don't follow your other question question, if you've found the page that lists the WSDLs, then go ahead and download the one you want.
MunnaMunna
Hi Simon.

I am not getting the solution you gave me.
how can i catch up the current sate through query..
can you please explain me.

getdeleted() method is not accepting the start date 1 month back ago. it's give me an error with  INVALID_REPLICATION_DATE.

how can i handle this at my application.
soppose if user will login to salesfore today and user will update any lead.

then again user login to salesforce after 2 months then start date will be 2 months back.
as we are maintaning LastLogin time at our database to find out start date.

please help me out on this.

Thanks in advance
Manas

Message Edited by Munna on 09-23-2008 10:59 PM

Message Edited by Munna on 09-23-2008 11:00 PM
MunnaMunna

Hi Simon

If i would like to view my applilcation screens(.aspx pages)  from within salesforce.

how can i do this.

please let me know the steps for this.

Thanks in advance

Manas

SuperfellSuperfell
getUpdated & getDeleted are used to replicate the state of an entire table. you can also replicate the state of an entire table by calling query to get all the current rows.

Can you explain what you're trying to achieve by calling getDeleted based on the last time the user logged in ?
MunnaMunna

Hi simon,

Actually i am using getDeleted() function at my end becouse if any lead is deleted on salesforce in the mean time then i can make check at my end through getDeleted function() as it retirn the id.

so that on the basis of Id's i can deleted same lead from my database as well.

Thanks & Regards

Manas

SuperfellSuperfell
getDeleted does not support time frames larger than one month, so you're either going to need to call it more often, or do something different. query can return you all the existing Ids, which you can use to work out which ones got deleted.
MunnaMunna
Hi Simon,

I would like to add my custom tab on salesforce and want to open all the reports within salesforce under the tab i created.
and all these reports are running on my server.
how can i open all the report in salesforce which are running on my server.

please let me know about the steps which are needed to integrate it.

Thanks in advance
Manas
MunnaMunna

Hi Simon

I am repeating my question once again that i asked you last week.

As per my client requeirment.

If i would like to open my applilcation screens(.aspx pages)  from within salesforce.

how can i do this.

please let me know the steps for this.

Thanks in advance
SuperfellSuperfell
create a web tab, it can host your .aspx page(s) as a tab within salesforce.com (setup -> create -> tabs -> web tab)
MunnaMunna

Thanks Simon,

I realy appreciate you for helping me throughout my integration with salesforce.

MunnaMunna

Hi Simon,

hope you doing great?

I have very important question for you..

As i asked you a question few days back that according to my client requeirment he wants that salesforce user can open my local application screens within salesforce.

I find out very intresting thing in salesforce APP Exchange through App Exchange it's seems possible to do.

but i would like to clear few things from your side that i am going on a right track or not..

through App Exchange i can make my application as a package and make it publically available to others salesforce user so that they can use my application.

but right now my application is private.how can i make it  publically available on App Exchange?

is there is any specfic API for App Exchange? right now i din't find any API.

do you thing it's sonds good that i need salesforce user name and password of every salesforce user who want to use my application?

one more thing if missed out any important features of APP Exchange then please let me know.

if is there is any specfic document of App Exchange then please provide me the link where i can find step by step guidelines.

and at last i want to know from your side why App Exchange?

Thanks in advance.

Manas

SuperfellSuperfell
see https://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/publishing/ for appExchange info.

If you're using web tabs, then you can use mergeFields to get an API session for the user, so you don't need to have them login with their username & password.
MunnaMunna

Thanks Simon,

How can i make my App Exchange application publically available on App Exchange?

Thanks,

Manas

MunnaMunna

Hi Simon,

I am facing session problem while opening my application screens under web tabs on salesforce.

i was not able to login to my application when trying to login with salesforce.

i did cokkieles ssession=true then  it's work.

but when i navigate to other screens it's give me an error Access Denied as used session for other innformations.

there is no error on my application as it's work fine opening it's outside.

Please help me out on this.

Thanks in advance

Manas

SuperfellSuperfell
search for P3P
MunnaMunna

Hi Simon,

Apart from session problem javascript is also not working.

I used javascript in my application but it's not working.

Thanks in advance,

Manas

SuperfellSuperfell
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Dev KumarDev Kumar
Hi Simon,
i am not getting any response of my query from long time...
my one question is i am not able to see my uploaded package on app Exchange.
it's seems like my ip address is block..either there is issue with sales force

just because of above my work is stuck.
please help me out

Thanks,
Manas
Dev KumarDev Kumar
Hi Simon,

Is there is any way to merge Lead Id with URL on web tab?

as i created custom web tab and opening a lead activity report at my end.
what i need that when ever any lead is selected on sales force.
so i should know the Lead Id(which lead is selected) and on the basis of selected lead i can show the report running at my local server.

it's very urgent...

Thanks in advance,
Manas
MunnaMunna

Hi,

i m not getting any response of my query.

please reponse me of my obove query.

Thanks,

Manas

MunnaMunna

Hi Simon,

I having problem while querying on Lead.

i have around 15000 Leads on salesforce, when i query from my .net application to get all the leads then it's take long time to get it.

is there is any way to increase the performance?

Thanks,

Munna