function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CageMMACageMMA 

Need help with Partner WSDL

Hi everyone:

I have the following scenario:

Partner WSDL,  Sobject has 3 elements (type, fieldsToNull, Id) .

<complexType name="sObject">
                <sequence>
                    <element name="type" type="xsd:string"/>
                    <element name="fieldsToNull" type="xsd:string" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                    <element name="Id" type="tns:ID" nillable="true"/>
                    <any namespace="##targetNamespace" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" processContents="lax"/>
                </sequence>
            </complexType> 

When converting this WSDL to Java,  It will generate the following methods only.

1.  getType, setType.
               2.   getFieldsToNull, setFieldsToNull
               3.   getId , setId
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, I need setField & getField methods. 

Ex:
                         SObject contact = new com.sforce.soap.partner.sobject.SObject();
                         contact.setType("Contact");
                         contact.setField("LastName", "LName");

In WSDL, the complexType name "SObject" should have the element name "field", 
                 then only java can generate getField & SetField methods
                 Ex:
                          <element name="field" type="xsd:string"/>

So anyone can solve my issue here please??

Thanks

Zishan

pkurapkura

Are you using wsc ? If not, please download the wsc18.jar, partner18.jar.(http://code.google.com/p/sfdc-wsc/downloads/list). I'm using these to get SObject and can retrieve getField info from the SObject.  Can you generate the jar using the wsdlc utility in wsc.jar instead of axis wsdl2java ?

dkadordkador

Like the other poster said - use WSC if you can.  If you have to use Axis, the get/setField methods don't exist and you'll have to use get/setAny, which is a lot harder to use.

AshanAshan

you cant use getters and setters with patner wsdl.

Using partner wsdl is bit harder. but you dont have to download it again for a change in data structure.

To do what you are expecting use enterprise wsdl.

colemabcolemab

@Zishan did you ever succeed in getting the enterprise and wsc jars to generate with getfield defined?

I think that you might have to use the partner API to use the getfield method.   This thread talks about it a bit.