function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chessbasechessbase 

Reading newly added custom field values

I am working on an integration component between an application and salesforce. The integration is for a client and they would like to synchronize accounts on salesforce with their own, including custom fields. Now they can add custom fields to salesforce and then add similar custom fields to their application. Then they can associate these fields in their application. After that they run a service to synchronize the values of these custom fields. I am using AppExchange Web Services API and C#. I can create my select statement dynamically, but how can I get the values of these new custom fields? Once the integration is shipped out, I can not recompile to have these properties. Is there a way around this problem?

SuperfellSuperfell
Use the Partner API instead, its late bound, so easily allows you to do these sorts of things (this is how the sforce explorer works for example).
chessbasechessbase
Hi,
I Downloaded API Version 7.0. I did not see any reference to the partner API. Could you please point me where I can download documentation and the API from?

Message Edited by chessbase on 03-03-2006 11:24 AM

SuperfellSuperfell
click the docs tab at the top of this page, there a section in the docs on the partner API. The WSDL download page in the app includes links for both the enterprise and partner WSDLs.
chessbasechessbase
Thanks, this seems to be what I need.
Cheers
Shay