function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GortGort 

Want to build Email to Case functionality in .NET

We would like to build a .NET application very similar to the Email to Case application.  The reason we can not use the Email to Case application is b/c our mail host does not support IMAP and we have no java skills in our company. 
My questions are:
1) Has anyone done this?  Is it possible?
  1a)  If so, do you have any code to share?  We would consider paying for good example code.
2) We are currently a Sales Force Professional Edition customer.  We were told that in order to have access to the Sales Force APIs, we needed to upgrade our license.  Do we need the APIs in order to do this?

We are a new customer and are just getting rolling on all this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SkowronekSkowronek
To my knowledge, the only way to enable API access on your account is to purchase the Enterprise edition. My clients have had to 'bite the bullet' on this one in order to enable me to build the custom applications they needed.

Good luck!
SkowronekSkowronek
Oh, and to answer your other questions:

1) Yes, it is possible and works quite well.
1a) There are tons of example in the online API reference. I would suggest you download it. If you need something custom, you'll need to either hire out or purchase an AppExchange application. An associate of mine have started a local consulting company in Utah, you're welcome to send us an RFP and we can respond. (www.sdsforce.com) =)
2) Already answered in my previous post.
GortGort

Thanks for your information.

One more question...is it true that the Email to Case functionality only works with IMAP?  Is there a way to make this work with POP (without having access to the APIs)?

Thanks.