function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ylinxyylinxy 

Session Lost In Iframe in AppExchange for browser IE: ASP(not asp.net)

Hi,

I am building an application using Custom Tab that links to pages outside of salesforce. Since custom tab is converted to iframe in appexchange, session is lost when redirecting to another page.

The basic flow is like this:
Click the custome tab in appexchange and that will go to a process page and the proess page load info from db and set session values for a user. After that it is redirected to another page, in which the session values set in the process page are lost.

I tried the solution that Dave posted by-changing cookieless to true in web.config and use response.Redirect(url, false). This doesn't work at all because in ASP(not asp.net), response.Redirect() accepts only one argument.

I tried change ie cookie settings to always accept session cookie. This works fine, but it is not an acceptable solution.

Is there any other solution?
SuperfellSuperfell
I think you need to have your stuff send up the P3P header, search around the boards, this came up a few weeks ago.
ylinxyylinxy
Thanks Simon. P3P header is the man. The exact code is
response.addHeader "P3P","CP=""IDC DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT""" .

This can be put in a include file.

Mark
MunnaMunna

Hi,

I having the same problem of session...in asp.net

can you please suggest me how can i use p3p?

where i have to do settings for p3p?

Thanks in advance

Manas

Message Edited by Munna on 10-03-2008 06:16 AM

Message Edited by Munna on 10-03-2008 06:16 AM