function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sento_Dev.ax33Sento_Dev.ax33 

Broken code with API upgrade from 2.0 to 2.5

Hi,

I'm using asp Jscript to interface with the salesforce API. When the code was written, sforce was on version 2.0. We had no problems once things were up and running, and have been using the interface for about a month now.

Since last nights upgrade to version 2.5, the code has stopped working. We now get a "header not bound" error when logging in using the 2.0 code. If I change the header (old soap-env:Header) to it works, and I can log into the system. I have to do this for the body as well. I noticed that in 2.5 the header just contains and the hyphen is removed.

The problem I am now experiencing is querying for information. If I query for just "core" data. (account name, id, etc) I get results back fine. If I query using any custom datafields, I receive fault codes stating "invalid field". We have not changed any code for the last month, and when doing a describe on account, the custom field id's are identical to the their previous values. I cannot however query or select these fields even though they appear in the describe response.

We are using the 18 character contact and account ids. Any help is greatly appreciated as we are currently down.

adamgadamg

Hi Sento:

We are currently looking into this.  Any additional information you can provide is useful.

Adam

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Sento_Dev,

I sent an email to the address in your profile.  I need more information.  I have an application that exercises the entire api using 2.0 (including querying of custom fields) and did not experience a problem.  Please check your email or provide contact information to dcarroll@salesforce.com

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Sento-dev,

Also, you might try using the 15 char id for the custom field name.  The 18 char should work, but if the 15 works, that would go a long way to determining the problem.

Dave

Sento_Dev.ax33Sento_Dev.ax33

Working with Dave through email/phone.

Message Edited by Sento_Dev on 11-24-2003 10:47 AM

ASmithASmith

I'm experiencing the same issue with a script using the 18 character IDs for custom fields.  Any help you can post on the board related to this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Andrew Smith

DevAngelDevAngel
If you are using the useCaseSafeIDs flag, your custom field should have a length of 21 characters.  This is the 18 character case safe id with the "cf_" underscore prepended.  If you don't have issues with case sensitivity, just use false for useCaseSafeIDs.
ASmithASmith

I actually need the case safe IDs for this application, so I need to leave that field set to true.  Any other ideas?

Andrew