function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DogmaDogma 

Excel Integration

HI,

I've just downloaded the excel Integration tool and I have to say I'm impressed. I myself will have to create such functionality to work off of SDFC and I have afew questions. I was copying the code in the sfdescribe() function to a new modual and made some changes. I noticed as soon as I did that I would receive a compile error on the "Dim salesforce As CSession" declaration. Stating that "User defined type not defined".  I have tried everything. Any ideas ?

Cheers

ScotScot

I think your problem is that CSession is a class defined in the Class Modules of the sforce_connector. For your code to recognize the use of it, it needs to have those Class Modules availble to it.

A quick & dirty fix would be to copy the Class Modules from the connector into your project.

For example, use the project explorer to find  sforce_connector, select the CSession Class Module, right-click/export file. Select your spread sheet, right-click/import file.

I am sure there is a better way to make the sforce_connector classes available elsewhere without copying them ... but I don't know it.  (If someone else does, please post, I'd like to know).

Scot

DogmaDogma

Sweet, I also had to have the reference's in order to make it work.

sforce_connector,

SFDCexcelAddIn,

sforceofficetoolkit v2.0

microsoftscripting runtime

Nice.........Now I can can destroy it