function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RevJoelRevJoel 

Analytic Snapshot for Cases

Has anyone created an analytic snapshot for cases and case history that they could share with me? I'm having difficulty wrapping my brain around the concept.

What I am trying to do is create a snapshot that will give me the total number of cases that were owned at one point or another by a queue.

Jeff MayJeff May

Think of Analytic Snapshots as a scheduled report that stores its results in a custom object.  You can then report on the records in the custom object to get historical reporting.

Step 1, is to create a report that captures the info you want (number of Cases opened this week, for example).

Step 2: create a custom object that holds fields for Number of Cases

Step 3: set up an Analytic Snapshot that maps the Report fields to the custom object fields.

Step 4: Schedule the Analytic Snapshot.

When it runs, a record will be created in the custom object with a CreatedDate of the Snapshot run, and the data from the report.  You can then treat this custom object as any other and build reports from it.

RevJoelRevJoel
Thanks for the reply, JeffM. I think I am getting this. Thanks for your help and description.

Joel Hug
Sr. Customer Care Associate
Excent Corporation
joel.hug@excent.com
(678) 735-4210 x1
RevJoelRevJoel

Followup question on this:

Here is what I am trying to get to: Using a Case History report, I need to get:

1. A sum of all cases created in a month

2. A sum of cases owned by Tier 1 queue

3. A sum of cases owned by Tier 2 queue

4. A sum of cases owned by Tier 3 queue

My thought was that an analytic snapshot would allow me to get these results with a little mapping and report magic. I have tried setting a flag when a case gets escalated to Tier 2 or Tier 3, but the flag will not stick because it gets turned off once someone takes ownership of a case out of a queue. Does anyone have any ideas how I could use an analytic snapshot to get a report like this? Also, we are on Professional Edition which limits us greatly. Thanks!

Jeff MayJeff May

I think I would build the snapshot against the Case object, not the history, to get me a count in each bucket, say, once a week.  Then I can report on the Snapshot records and use a Summary report to see the count for a month, quarater, year.

RevJoelRevJoel

Thanks for the reply, Jeff.

I tried that some time ago, but the challenge is that a case will stay in a queue for maybe 4 hours at the most before ownership is taken by one of our Customer Care Associates. For this reason, I had to resort to a case history report and snapshot since I cannot filter on Old Value or New Value in a report.

Jeff MayJeff May

In that case (no pun intended), how about adding Date/Time fields to the Case record and Workflow Field Updates to capture when each transition happens.

RevJoelRevJoel

That's the problem with having Professional Edition. No Workflow. Aaargh! Thanks, Jeff.

Jeff MayJeff May

Right. Silly details.

sumit raj 9sumit raj 9
Thanks Joel Hug you are a great . Customer Care (https://customercarehotline.com) Associate