function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FoundantFoundant 

Chatter Cloud Swarm posting after installed

I installed Chatter Swarm in our Org many months ago. It did not work at the time very well and was posting whenever someone created a task or changed an opportunity name. I uninstalled it a month ago and it continued to post for a few days. I have since created an Apex trigger in my sandbox to post a closed opportunity to Chatter. It worked in the sandbox and only posted the information in my Apex code. I deployed it to my production site and now, whenever someone changes an opportunity name the old Chatter Swarm posts get posted to the Page. I have made my Apex inactive and it still does it. I do not understand why it did not do this in the sandbox. It is not posting my apex because it is still in the chatter swarm app style. Is there someplace this app may not have uninstalled successfully.?

Shivanath DevnarayananShivanath Devnarayanan
the best way to identify all the components that were installed would be to check the sandbox installed applications and select chatter swarm, and see all the components are NOT present in the production.

if you've un-installed the chatter swarm in sandbox, try to install till the point it shows you all the component list and you could use this as a reference to recheck and remove the components in production .

Hope it helps
FoundantFoundant

Thanks for the suggestion I actually found the answer so I thought I would post it.

Swarm requires everyone to follow the opportunity records. When it was uninstalled it did not unfollow those records. So when someone edited teh record it reposted. There was another app on the app exchange that allowed you to schedule an Unfollow trigger that I was able to use for fix the problem.

Thanks

The Cloud Swarm TeamThe Cloud Swarm Team

That's correct, Foundant.  Unstinstalling Cloud Swarm does not remove following of records, only the functionality provided to do the auto-following.  This is to prevent the platform from  removing people from following records when they wanted to keep following them.

FYI, for anyone else interested, the app you were referring to was Chatter Unfollow Rules:

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IX0UEAW

Is that correct?

cK