function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin 

Public Solutions and "

We have the public solutions page embedded in our website however, we noticed when you search for a term, the second search result header has the following text (red added for emphasis/visibility):

"Search Results in "All Solutions" and Subcategories"

The quotes are not being decoded from their character encoded form: ie " vs "

I would expect the text to read:  "Search Results in "All Solutions" and Subcategories" as it does in the upper section.  

Here is an example screenshot with the areas highlighted:  http://www.igrafx.com/assets/images/capture.png

Is there anyway to fix this?

cplusplus_pleasecplusplus_please

I believe you have the ability to modify that string before you display it. Just search for that string and change it. My code to do this in C++ is like so

CString ReplaceChar(const char* txt)
{
CString name = txt;
name.Replace(""", "\"");
return name;
}

=============================
Developer for www.voicent.com
Voicent provides CRM, auto dialer, predictive dialer, reminder, and call center solution that is suitable for anyone in any level
Voicent strives to meet customer demands to integrate Voicent software with CRM of their choice.

iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin

Thanks for the reply.  However, from what I see in Salesforce (Setup, Customize, Self-Service, Public Solutions, Edit), all I have (and what we are using) is the following:

<IFRAME title="Content" src="http://na2.salesforce.com/sol/public/search.jsp?orgId=<our_org_id>" WIDTH="610" HEIGHT="490"></IFRAME>

This seems to be a problem with Salesforce's search.jsp code, does it not?

cplusplus_pleasecplusplus_please
If that's the case then... err.. I don't think you can change it your self unless you want to search through the bits and bytes you got from them :P

What is even weirder for me is why doesn't it show the actual quote as it would not usually print it as "&quot;" unless they sent you "&amp;quot;" (which I doubt they did)

I hope others can join in the conversation. Sorry :(

All I can say for now is for you to try to create your own iFrame that contains the string "&quot;"
and put it side by side with salesforce's iFrame. If both of the iFrame prints out "&quot;", then there must something wrong on your end. If it shows an actually quote on your custom iFrame, then there must be something wrong on Salesforce's end

Good luck.

=============================
Developer for www.voicent.com
Voicent provides CRM, auto dialer, predictive dialer, reminder, and call center solution that is suitable for anyone in any level
Voicent strives to meet customer demands to integrate Voicent software with CRM of their choice.

iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin

So I'm back for more assistance, if possible.  I opened a case with Salesforce since I don't feel this is something I can (easily) fix.  After going back and forth with two separate techs, both ultimately said that all developer support has to come from this board.  Even when I mentioned that I feel the error is with the Salesforce controlled search.jsp file.  Either tech support doesn't understand the issue (although my notes were pretty clear on things) or they see that it has a remote association with website development and therefore is beyong the scope of their support. 

So, on the off chance that someone who works at Salesforce sees this and would care to take the time to respond, please let me know exactly HOW I am supposed to take the search.jsp code and modify it when I didn't write it to begin with?  Or, please tell me how it is not the fault of the search.jsp code.  Until then, I feel this is squarely in Salesforce's control.

The link that exhibits this behavior is http://na2.salesforce.com/sol/public/search.jsp?orgId=00D300000000WRX  (whether iframed or not).  No where is it related to our website or any code that I wrote. 

Sorry, frustrated.  Thankfully, this is a minor cosmetic annoyance and not a show-stopper issue, however it would be nice to get it fixed.

Brent MellowBrent Mellow
My organization is having exactly the same problem.. .this is clearly a bug in the "salesforce.com/sol/public/search.jsp?orgId=" page hosted by salesforce.  

Salesforce - if you are listening... we need help here.

Brent MellowBrent Mellow
Someone at Salesforce - this is a PURE BUG.  Nothing any customer can do about this... it is a flaw in the code.  Please create an internal case to escalate this bug.  It troubles meet that this posting has been here for more than a year unreolved.  I logged a case in my org and was told I had to log this in the developer community, but if it is still open after 1 year.... I'm concerned.