function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AmbigaRamAmbigaRam 

setting up field value in customer portal

Hi,

I created the new custom picklist field "Project"  in my case object. The values of the fields"Project" are same as per the records in account.

If a customer opens the case via customer portal, he need to see only his project in that portal. The other values should be hidden. 

Please can any one help me to set this?

Thanks and regards.,

Ambiga.R

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AmbigaRamAmbigaRam

Hi,

Thank you all for this quick response. Finally I fixed  the problem by using Record Type and support process. I made the some field values to be visible to some customer profiles .Hence I got it.

Thanks and Regards.,

Ambiga

All Answers

wt35wt35

Is the value of the picklist always the same on the Case as the value in the Related Account?

If so, then choose a Text formula field in the Case, the syntax would be:

TEXT(Project)

cplusplus_pleasecplusplus_please
Hi,

can you tell me how to add the custom field for Cases? I have the developer edition? Is this why I can't see it?

=============================
Developer for www.voicent.com
Voicent provides CRM, auto dialer, predictive dialer, reminder, and call center solution that is suitable for anyone in any level
Voicent strives to meet customer demands to integrate Voicent software with CRM of their choice.

wt35wt35

You can do that in Developer Edition...

So if you go to Setup > Customize > Cases > Fields > new custom field, then the properties would be:

Field type: Formula

Formula return type: Text 

Syntax: TEXT(Project)

AmbigaRamAmbigaRam

Hi,

Thank you all for this quick response. Finally I fixed  the problem by using Record Type and support process. I made the some field values to be visible to some customer profiles .Hence I got it.

Thanks and Regards.,

Ambiga

This was selected as the best answer
AmbigaRamAmbigaRam

Hi cpluscplus,

You need to enable the customer portal login.

Please refer the following .

http://na14.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_customer_portal_implementation_guide.pdf

Thanks and Regards

Ambiga