function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sp13sp13 

is it possible to send email to all email records

i know that automatically sending an email to the email address of users are possible. what if i have a custom object students with email__c field, i want to create a workflow rule that will automatically send an email to all the email addresses saved on  the students object. is this possible?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
kevin lamkevin lam

Yes, one of the options for Recipient Type of an Email Alert is "Email Field".

All Answers

kevin lamkevin lam

Yes, one of the options for Recipient Type of an Email Alert is "Email Field".

This was selected as the best answer
TheDoctorTheDoctor

The principle is definitely acheivable using workflow/apex... but be careful of your Org limits around Emails. 

Check the section at the bottom of this page to make sure you fully understand the limits that will apply:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_gov_limits.htm

In this specific use-case, you're going to want to work within the scope of the 1000 Workflow Emails/Day limit per user license. So this limit will vary based on the number of users you have. Provided your Student:User ratio is less than 1000:1, you won't have any issues.

Also note that Workflow don't execute retrospectively, so each existing record would need to be updated somehow (even just an open and save would do the trick) for the email to be sent. So there's going to be more to it than just creating the workflow.