function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mbyermbyer 

Drag & Drop capability?

Hi All - 

I saw a posting where it said that there was going to be the addition of drag & drop capabilities added in the May 12 release, but I am not able to, indeed, drag & drop files or objects into an opportunity or contact.

Anyone got an answer?

I know that there is an app by Cazoomi to add the capability, but I would rather not take a client down that cost road if it is going to be SOP for SFDC in the near future.

Thanks.

Michael

Scott_VSScott_VS

With the Summer '12 release, you can drag-and-drop files into Chatter by clicking on the "Chatter" tab and select the "Files" option on the left side. I don't believe this is enabled on opportunity or contact pages.

There are other 3rd party solutions for this, and in fact, I built drag-and-drop into my company's Email to Case Premium product (youtube demo here). I can tell you that drag-and-drop is an HTML5 feature that has very limited browser support, so it is very difficult to build a solution that will work for most users.

CazoomiCazoomi

@mbyer,

Our Drag & Drop for Salesforce is now Free with 100s of subscribers enjoying the easy nature of the app.

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000008ZVcdEAG

~Clint

@cazoomi