function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GailGail 

Trigger issue: Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject

Hello, I'm very new to triggers and need some assistance with some code. When I try to save the following trigger, I receive the error "Error: Compile Error: Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: MAP<Id,Lead> at line 20 column 75 ". Offending expression in bold red. How do I refer to the Assigned_Date__c field so that the code recognizes it? I've tried l.Assigned_Date__c but then I get a variable doesn't exist error. I've also tried setting up a new variable but I can't pass the Lead's value into the variable. Any help is appreciated. 

trigger LeadInsertUpdate on Lead(after insert, after update){

Set<Id> LeadSetOfIds = new Set<Id>();
BusinessHours bh = [SELECT Id FROM BusinessHours WHERE IsDefault=true];
DateTime No_Contact_Reassign_Date;

//then iterate through your Leads
for(Lead l : trigger.new){
if(l.Id != null){
LeadSetOfIds.add(l.Id);
}
}

Map<Id,Lead> LeadMap = new Map<Id,Lead>([select Id, Assigned_Date__c, No_Contact_Reassign_Date__c, No_Conversion_Reassign_Date__c from Lead
where Id in : LeadSetOfIds]);

if(LeadMap.get(LeadMap.Assigned__Date__c)!=null)
// {No_Contact_Reassign_Date = BusinessHours.addGmt(bh.Id, LeadMap.get(LeadMap.Assigned__Date__c), 8 * 60 * 60 * 1000L);}
// need to figure out how to get assigned date here..
}

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Daniel.ReidDaniel.Reid

The map you have defined 'LeadMap', is a set of <key, value> pairs where the key is an ID and the value is a Lead.  Your code "LeadMap.get(LeadMap.Assigned__Date__c)" is asking to get the value of an item with the key 'LeadMap.Assigned__Date__c'.  

Try something like 

for(ID id : LeadSetOfIds){
    if(LeadMap.get(id).Assigned__Date__c!=null)
 {
   No_Contact_Reassign_Date = BusinessHours.addGmt(bh.Id, LeadMap.get(id).Assigned__Date__c, 8 * 60 * 60 * 1000L);}
 }
}

Hope this helps!

Daniel Reid
Contact us - We can help!

Salesforce Superheroes
------------------------------
help@salesforcesuperheroes.com
www.salesforcesuperheroes.com
1-888-407-9578 x102

All Answers

Daniel.ReidDaniel.Reid

The map you have defined 'LeadMap', is a set of <key, value> pairs where the key is an ID and the value is a Lead.  Your code "LeadMap.get(LeadMap.Assigned__Date__c)" is asking to get the value of an item with the key 'LeadMap.Assigned__Date__c'.  

Try something like 

for(ID id : LeadSetOfIds){
    if(LeadMap.get(id).Assigned__Date__c!=null)
 {
   No_Contact_Reassign_Date = BusinessHours.addGmt(bh.Id, LeadMap.get(id).Assigned__Date__c, 8 * 60 * 60 * 1000L);}
 }
}

Hope this helps!

Daniel Reid
Contact us - We can help!

Salesforce Superheroes
------------------------------
help@salesforcesuperheroes.com
www.salesforcesuperheroes.com
1-888-407-9578 x102

This was selected as the best answer
SFDC_VikashSFDC_Vikash

A map always contains <Key, Value> pair, so whenever we want value from a map we have to retrieve value on basis of its key values. In your case you can retrieve or loop through map as follows :

Map<Id,Lead> leadMap = new Map<Id,Lead>([SELECT Id, Assigned_Date__c, No_Contact_Reassign_Date__c, No_Conversion_Reassign_Date__c FROM Lead
WHERE Id IN :LeadSetOfIds]);

for(Id leadId :leadMap.keySet()){
  if(leadMap.get(leadId).Assigned__Date__c) != null){
    No_Contact_Reassign_Date = BusinessHours.addGmt(bh.Id, leadMap.get(leadId).Assigned__Date__c), 8 * 60 * 60 * 1000L);
  }
}

Try this, it will work for you and if it is mark the solution as appropriate.

Thanks

Vikash Goyal

GailGail

Thanks all! I ended up going to a colleague and she helped me to get a list of leads rather than a list of lead ids but these solutions would have helped also. Thanks for the explanations.