function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yoginimane89yoginimane89 

Urgent::Query Issue

Hi,

I have one vf page for advance search, now when user other than system administrator say Standard Platform User searches access that page, user get following message-

Query is either selecting too many fields or the filter conditions are too complicated.

An unexpected error has occurred.  Your solution provider has been notified. 

I have checked for field level security and profile permissions also but still not working.

Anyone know what is the issue and How to correct it?

Urgent!!

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
yoginimane89yoginimane89

Hi Sdry,

Finally got reason of error.

Because Standard User does not have 'View All Data' permission. I changed user with another profile and grant user 'View All Data' permission, Now user is not getting that error message and able to see search page.EntitySubscription requires 'View All Data' and 'Modify All Data' permissions for processing query.

For more understanding please go through following link:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_entitysubscription.htm

Usage part of this page will clear most of your doubts.

Thanks for your support.

All Answers

SamuelDeRyckeSamuelDeRycke

Haven't seen that type of message myself so far. Have you tried enableing debug logs for the user you are testing this with ? They might give you more insight into what part of your code is running into this issue. 

yoginimane89yoginimane89

Hi Sdry,

I have already done that I have enabled debug log for user to which causing error.

We have an apex class for vf page. Error is showing in apex class on one SOQL statement, which is retriving values from entitysubscription object.

Any idea about that?

Thanks.

SamuelDeRyckeSamuelDeRycke
Mind sharing your code so that I can try to get the same error in my org ?

yoginimane89yoginimane89

Hi Sdry,

Finally got reason of error.

Because Standard User does not have 'View All Data' permission. I changed user with another profile and grant user 'View All Data' permission, Now user is not getting that error message and able to see search page.EntitySubscription requires 'View All Data' and 'Modify All Data' permissions for processing query.

For more understanding please go through following link:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_entitysubscription.htm

Usage part of this page will clear most of your doubts.

Thanks for your support.

This was selected as the best answer