function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David REimerDavid REimer 

PHP 5 installation woes under Mac OS X 10.5.2 Server aiming at getting PHP Toolkit 11.0 working

I am trying to install the PHP Toolkit 11.0 under Mac OS X Server 10.5.2 using the standard PHP 5.2.4 and Apache 2.2.6 installations. I have CURL and OpenSSL working, they were doing so in the default installation. However I can't seem to get SOAP to enable itself. I downloaded the PHP source and compiled soap.so and installed it into /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613 (where the PHP installer put it) then I tried to enable it in the /private/etc/php.ini file by adding the line extension=soap.so to the extensions section and disabling the ; extension_dir = "./" as suggested at http://www.veola.net/macintosh/adding-gd-library-for-mac-os-x-leopard. However I still don't seem to have a listing for SOAP on my info.php file and I also if I try to run the HelloWorld.php file I get:

Notice: Use of undefined constant SOAP_COMPRESSION_ACCEPT - assumed 'SOAP_COMPRESSION_ACCEPT' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/sforce-php/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php on line 102

Notice: Use of undefined constant SOAP_COMPRESSION_GZIP - assumed 'SOAP_COMPRESSION_GZIP' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/sforce-php/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php on line 103

Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in /Library/WebServer/Documents/sforce-php/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php on line 121

Anyone out there more knowledgeable about how I might get these various technologies to play nicely together?
Bo LaurentBo Laurent
Try installing XAMPP or MAMP, applications which set up a complete apache, mysql, php environment for you. I know that MAMP includes SOAP in its PHP.
Bo LaurentBo Laurent
See installation instructions for workbench, where I outline successfully installing soap on OSX.