function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Niki_16Niki_16 

View Profile option not available for customer type of account.

We have developed an application and that application is being accessed in salesforce using custom tab. Accessing application from salesforce requires API access to be enabed for their accounts or for their profiles as well.

If the user is set with a profile, and the 'SetUp-->Manage Users-->Profile-->administrator permissions-->view' option is enabled, then only the user can log in to the application and if it's disabled, then the user is not able to use that application. But the profiles option is not available is my test customer account (its available in my test developer account). the requiement is to enable the view options for other types of profiles as well as the subusers are not able to access the application. From where this option be availabe in the other types of accounts (customer or may b other).

Please help me out. Its urgent!

Thanks,

Shaveta

Message Edited by Niki_16 on 05-07-2009 05:00 AM
aalbertaalbert

I am not sure I follow, but what salesforce.com edition is the one having issues? And also, what specific Profile permission do you need enabled for your app to work? The post says "view" but that is not a specific perm on the Profile. Is it View All Data? Or View Setup & Configuration? Can you please elaborate on the salesforce.com edition having issues and the specific profile perm. Lastly, when you say "profile options not available" is the Profile section not visible under Setup->Administrative Setup->Manage Users?

Niki_16Niki_16

The main concern is regarding profiles option in the salesforce accounts. I some of the accounts the profile option is visible while in others the option is not there. I want this option to be aviable so that all the users-sunusers can access the application using the custom tab.

When the profile option is not visible in the SF account, the users are not able to access the application.

Please help how to allow access to all the users to be able to acces the application.

Thanks,

Shaveta

aalbertaalbert

Again, it would help to know what edition you are having issues with. Profiles differ by salesforce.com Edition.

Please see the online help that talks about the differences between Editions and Profiles. 

When you say "salesforce Accounts" are you talking about different orgs or instances of salesforce.com? And not the Account functionality within the Salesforce CRM applications? 

And is the issue that you can't add a Custom Tab to specific Profiles? 

Niki_16Niki_16

Thanks for the instant reply!

Edition here is being reffered to professional and developer edition?

Currently am using customer account (30 days trial). The profile option is not visible in this account. However this option is available in my developer test account. My client is having the customer account, and he is also facing the same problem.

The issue is that i have an application that is being accessed when we click on the custom tab. Some of the Salesforce accounts can access my application while others not. I am unable to replicate this issue, why the sub-users are not able to access the application. The application checks the user has access (aPI ) and then is allowed to logged in, but in my case the admin user can access the application but their sub users cannot. If an admin users has the access then their sub users should also have the API access. So to replicate the issue i just wanted to confirm the permissions being assigned to subusers using the user profile options. May be that could help me replcating the exact problem. 

Please help me out!

Regards,

Shaveta

aalbertaalbert
The API is not enabled in Professional Edition by default. Do you have a ClientId granted to you by salesforce.com for your Application? How are you checking if a user has api access?
Niki_16Niki_16

yes am having the client id provided by salesforce. The check is made only for the salesforce platform, if the user has a slaesforce latform then the user has the api  access, else user is not allowed to logs in to the system.

My concern is regarding the permissions assigned to each profile.

please help!

Shaveta