function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kminevkminev 

Integrating SF Api with c# project

Hi,

I have done it in the past with c# web app, and also with java, but now I need to integrate SF API with c# application.

Where I am stuck is simply to add reference to my plain c# app to my organiration's sf api.

What are the steps to accomplish this?

Any help will be appreciated, I know it is probably very very simple unlike java, I may have a brain freeze...:) 

Thank you very much in advance

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell
Yes, use the enterprise wsdl if you want a strongly typed api with account objects etc.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell
If you're using VS.NET, use add web reference (this may be burried in the add service reference dialog if you're on a recent version of VS). If you're skipping VS.NET, use the WSDL.exe tool that ships in the .NET SDK. There's more details in the getting started section of the API docs.
kminevkminev

When I searched for the authentic sf toolkit I only found the one by Gaiware...is this what I should use? When I click on it I am forwared to google share code for download.

I am confused!

kminevkminev

Also another question...how do I access WSDL.exe utility?

SuperfellSuperfell
There is no toolkit, did you look at the getting started docs in the API guide ? http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index.htm
kminevkminev

Hi,

I got it to login and query for data. Now I am having a problem to cast from sf object.

For example if I query for Account I would like to store this account to Account myObj and then reference it by

properties.

In the samples it suggests I do: apex.Account myObj, but this does not work for me. I used the wsdl.exe tp generate ,u proxy class any ideas?

Thank you very much.

SuperfellSuperfell

it would depend on what namespaces you specified (if any) for the generated proxy, and which namespace (if any) your calling code is in. wsdl.exe generates c# source code, so you should be able to easily work this out from the source, just like any other c# code.

kminevkminev

I understand that, but in my proxyCalls.cs I don't see my sf Objects. For example if I type myProxy.Account account does not exist.

Any ideas? I used partner wsdl should I try with enterprice?

SuperfellSuperfell
Yes, use the enterprise wsdl if you want a strongly typed api with account objects etc.
This was selected as the best answer
kminevkminev
Thank you Guys.
DSsaranDSsaran

hi simonf,

I was already integrated salesforce to asp.net .....now i want to install the .net application in salesforce,

or i want to call this .net application from the salesforce......

Plz reply ASAP

Thank you