function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TonyFTonyF 

Query Fails... bad record?

Hi,

I am a new user of sforce (version 5.51) and have successfully queried, updated, and inserted records, mostly on the Account table, for about a week.

Now that my data is much cleaner from all of my updates, I cannot run complete queries on the Account table.  I assume there is a bad record somewhere because very selective queries do work, but retrieval of all records or a very general selection (ie. Billing Country equals United States) brings back the following message:

Salesforce:  Query()  invalid Range, missing data type, or other error, type is:  Account Overflow

I have seen other posts with this message and have followed the suggestions, to the extent of only asking for the Account column (no other columns) and I still get the same message.  Could I have bad data in an Account column??   How can I identify the record and fix it??

Any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated.

BTW, sforce version 5.51, Excel 2003 SP1, Windows XP Professional SP2

Thanks!

bouscalbouscal

Hi Tony, I've received that error also when my query has returned more than the maximum allowed rows in Excel (65536), not sure if that's what you're experiencing or not though.

Tim

Ron HessRon Hess

Yes, please check how many accounts you would return if the same query is run as a Salesforce Report, if more than 65K then you are stuck when using Excel.

perhaps break you query up into Account Name Starts with A-K, and then on a new sheet, --> K-Z 

TonyFTonyF

Thanks to you both for the suggestion.  I broke my query into A-M and L-Z and retrieved a total of 34,005 records... a lot less than the 65K parameter, but maybe since we have 4 or 5 custom columns, it makes a difference??

Anyway, now I have a solution to my problem... two queries and a macro to append the results together!

Thanks,

Tony

Ron HessRon Hess
thanks, sounds like it may be a bug hidden somewhere, i'll try to reproduce this with some large queries.