function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CJDEVCONPROCJDEVCONPRO 

Search by Phone Number.

Hi all..

Here is my issue. I am trying to do a select by phone in SOQL.

Here is my command:
qr = binding.query("select phone from Account where phone = '9495551212'")

Is this even correct?

I am developing in VB.NET 2003.

Basically I want to be able to search by phone number based on user input.

Thanks.
DevAngelDevAngel
Try using search. The problem with the query is that the phone number may be stored in a formatted string rather than just digits. Search actually works better if you string the formatting prior to searching.
CJDEVCONPROCJDEVCONPRO
Ok cool. I got that all ironed out now.

How easy is it to do the following:

I have a VB form with a search textbox. I type in a phone number, and hit search.

At this point, I want my app to open Internet Explorer (Which I already have programmed) and open the SForce website and automatically log me in and search on the phone number I send to Sforce from my VB form.

Is this fairly easy??
Ron HessRon Hess
you can do this on the URL, no programing required, which is sort of easy.

so, construct the string as follows, pass to browser ( i think with go() )

"https://www.salesforce.com/login.jsp?un=user@name.com&pw=yourrealpasswd&startURL=%2F srch%2Fadvsearchresults.jsp%3Fsbstr%3DWhatYourLookingFor"

should do it
bouscalbouscal
If you plan to distribute this application you may not want to use a URL with the login information in it. If you pass the rest of the URL and the end user isn't logged in they will be prompted to log in prior to being taken to the search results page. If they are logged in already they will be directed to the search results page without having to log in.

https://na1.salesforce.com/srch/advsearchresults.jsp?searchType=1&sbstr=<phonenumber>

Tim

Message Edited by bouscal on 01-21-2006 05:18 PM

CJDEVCONPROCJDEVCONPRO
Actually I was able to do it with the Frontdoor.jsp parameter.