function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TykeTyke 

Custom Objects and the Excel Connector

I have a custom object which has a relationship with the Contract object. Each Contract must belong to a custom object.
When i try to create Contracts using the Excel Connector i don't see a column in which i can supply the custom object reference ID.
Could i have overlooked it?
If not, how can i create Contracts and ensure they are associated with the correct custom object?
Thanks in Advance.
bouscalbouscal
There are two possibilities here. One, if your reference link is a custom field on the Contract object you may need to log out of the Excel Connector then log back in for the meta data to refresh and show you that field. Two, if your reference is on your custom object and is pointing to your Contract object then there will not be a field on the Contract object, only on the custom object.
If the latter is true, you can use one of the built in functions within the Excel Connector ,soql_table(), to find the correct Contract record to associate your custom object to.

HTH

Tim
TykeTyke
Sadly it doesn't help. I have created the link between my custom object and the Contract object by creating a custom field on the contract object of type 'Lookup'. When i click next i am presented with a dropdown list of objects that i can lookup with this field. This dropdown list has only 2 entries; my custom object and 'User'.
john
bouscalbouscal
Sorry, I can't be of any more help but I was able to duplicate the issue so you know it's not just you. :-)
Ron HessRon Hess
you may have to use the 7.0 endpoint instead of the default 6.0 when referencing lookup fields from standard objects.
set this in the login dialog box and see if you don't get the relationship field
TykeTyke
Ron,
Does this apply to professional edition or only to enterprise? We have professional here.
Ron HessRon Hess
both at the same code base now, should be 6.16 and 6.16pe for prof edition.
TykeTyke
I get the following error message when i try using my professional edition login:
Error Generated by Request :: API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner
ExceptionCode : 5069

It works fine when i use my developers edition login from the same machine.
TykeTyke
Clicking on 'About' Shows 6.16 dated 2/17/06
john
TykeTyke
Brilliant Ron!!!
I had somehow downloaded the Enterprise version and not the Professional one.
You just saved me 20 weeks of manual linking.
john