function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
juventussjuventuss 

Saving directly to opportunity from Excel

With the present salesforce addin for Office, it allows you to save a spreadsheet directly to your "documents" folder on salesforce. I was wondering if there was a way to alter it such that it allows you to save directly to a specific opportunity in salesforce. We are attempting to save our excel quotes directly to the opportunity as an attachment.

Thanks
bouscalbouscal

Could you point me to where that functionality exists?  I can only see that reports can be imported into Excel, not that an open Excel file can be saved directly to the Documents folder.

juventussjuventuss
If you have intalled the Sforce office addin, it will give you the option to "save to salesforce" from your word or excel application
bouscalbouscal
Sorry for my ignorance but I have v.1.3.2.4 installed and can't locate that option anywhere.
Is it in the Salesforce menu item or one of the standard sub-menus?
wsws

You are clearly NOT referring to the Office Edition application available from salesforce.com ...

This application only allows one way communication from Salesforce.com to your Office Application, i.e. for mail merge or for downloading reports ...

AdithiAdithi
Hi

It is possible to upload directly from excel to sfdc objects, but we have to custom code using(vba) and officetoolkit for that.

we have to create coding to login into sfdc application from excel(using vba programming) which will create the session id and we can write code to upload from excel to sfdc using vba coding(using salesforce apis).

But this is custom coding and it involves development efforts and hence money.

Thanks
Adithi