function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rohit2006Rohit2006 

Want to show progress bar when query is busy

Dear All;
                     I have created one SControl using AJAX toolkit to fetch the data from salesforce database and to display it in tabular format.As soon as I select filters and click the show report button the query starts fetching data from the database.During the query run the page gets freezed.
                    Actually I want to show the progress bar when query is busy.I tried this using javascript timer,usuing table in marquee, and some ready made progressbars available on net; but each time whenquery starts running every progressbar stops its animation(Movement) as the whole page, freezes.
                    I even tried with using callback function.It oks well when I show progrss in a form of text(percentage).But for progressbar it fails as timer stops working.
                    Can anyone give me the solution with example because I tried all the options in my mind.
Small example with explaination will help me lot.

Thanks in advance

wsuycottwsuycott
Try opening a separate window and running your "Query in Progress" or other such notifications in the separate window. 
balajibondarbalajibondar
Use <apex:actionstatus> with progress bar as .gif on required action.