function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GrantSchenckGrantSchenck 

API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG: API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner

We get this message from an exception thrown trying to login to Salesforce.com from our application.  This works fine at a number of customers but we get this failure at this site.

What is the specific issue that would prevent us from working at this site vs other?  Is this Professional vs. Enterprise or Developer version?
SuperfellSuperfell
Yes, not all editions include API access, you're trying to access the API for an edition that doesn't include it.
GrantSchenckGrantSchenck

Could you please point me to a specific Salesforce web site or document which fully describes which versions of Salesforce support the APIs, which don't and which require payment to access the APIs.

Thank You

Gareth DaviesGareth Davies
Grant,

My understanding is that:

API Access is available for Enterprise & Unlimited as well as Developer.

Professional has API access from certain certified applications only. There is no API Access for Team or Personal

Gareth.
GrantSchenckGrantSchenck

This is helpful.

However, we really need something official which we can point our customers to.  Surely Saleforce has some reference which explicitly spells out these rules?

Thanks!

SuperfellSuperfell
http://www.salesforce.com/products/comparison.jsp The Web Services API is listed near the bottom.
GrantSchenckGrantSchenck

Perfect, exactly what I'm looking for.

Just to confim, it sounds like the Web Services API is ONLY available on Enterprise and Unlimited. editions.  Team and Standard editions do not support web services even with "additional fees", correct?

Thanks!

SuperfellSuperfell
in addition, certied partner applications can get API access to professional edition.

GrantSchenckGrantSchenck

So, would all standard edition installs be able to run our application for free if we get our application certified?

If so, can you point me to a page which explains the certification process and how we go about it?

Thanks!

SuperfellSuperfell
Goto www.salesforce.com and click on the partners tab.
AtTaskBravoAtTaskBravo
Simon,
I have an application that is currently going through the certification process, and it requires access to the APIs.  Currently, customers with a Professional Edition account cannot use our application.  Your response gives me the impression that once my app is certified this will not be a problem.  Could you please confirm that certified partner applications give all professional edition clients using the app API access? Also, I am interested on why this is or is not the case?  Is the same as the Force.com Web Service access?

Thanks,
AtTaskBravo
SuperfellSuperfell
That's my understanding, but your contact in the partners team is the best person to  ask.
expensifyexpensify

Hi Simon, my contact (Kyle Facchin) informs me I am activated for Group and Professional access, but I'm still getting the error.  Can you see any problem in this SOAP request?

<se:Envelope xmlns:se="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<se:Header xmlns:sfns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">

<sfns:SessionHeader>

<sessionId>.............</sessionId>

</sfns:SessionHeader>

<sfns:CallOptions>

<client>Expensify</client>

</sfns:CallOptions>

</se:Header>

<se:Body>

<getUserInfo xmlns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:ns1="sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com\"/>

</se:Body>

</se:Envelope>

It works flawlessly for most accounts (including my test accounts), but returns this error on many of my live customer accounts:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:sf="urn:fault.partner.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<soapenv:Body>

<soapenv:Fault>

<faultcode>sf:API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG</faultcode>

<faultstring>API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG: API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner</faultstring>

<detail><sf:UnexpectedErrorFault xsi:type="sf:UnexpectedErrorFault">

<sf:exceptionCode>API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG</sf:exceptionCode>

<sf:exceptionMessage>API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner</sf:exceptionMessage>

</sf:UnexpectedErrorFault>

</detail>

</soapenv:Fault>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?  I was given the "client ID" of "Expensify/" (with the slash).  I've tried both with and without the slash in my request but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  I'm very stuck and would appreciate any help you can offer.  Thanks!

-david 

dicksondickson

when I run the quickstart edition (runt.dat) file,throw exception API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner.

why?Whether to need to buy?

Mitesh SuraMitesh Sura

SimonF,

That is not true, my app passed security review and installed on enterprise and unlimited orgs. One of my customer installed in Professional edition, but she is still getting this error message. I have opened a case with Salesforce, but is there anything else I can do? This is such a bad user experiece!! 

Salesforcec - ISVforce Partner

SuperfellSuperfell

Talk to your contact in the partner enablement org.

Mitesh SuraMitesh Sura

Thanks SimonF for quick response. Just did that. Do you think there are exceptions for PE?

Andriy BAndriy B
I have same error with Personal Edition accounts :(
API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG: API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner

Have you any steps to solve it?
How add my android application to partners?

​Thanks
Lalit Gupta 27Lalit Gupta 27
Hello,

I get following error while running sample "ant test" from github link salesforce_ant_41.0

Salesforce/salesforce_ant_41.0/sample/build.xml:83: Failed to login: API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG - API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner

I have enabled "Inbound Changes" in my deployment set and my login logs show that I am able to successfully login from ant however I get this error message.

Please support.

Best regards,
Lalit.
Rakshit Khandelwal 3Rakshit Khandelwal 3

I have a developers account with API enabled still getting error "API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG: The REST API is not enabled for this Organization." on HEROKU

Though working fine on local

Please Help!!

Shrivaths k 9Shrivaths k 9
Hello Rakshit, Did you get solutionn for this? Facing same issue. Thanks
Ashish KatochAshish Katoch
Hello Shrivaths, Did you get solutionn for this? Facing same issue. Thanks
Johan MellinJohan Mellin
Hello Rakshit, Shirvaths and Asish. I experience the same issue as you do. Would be great if salesforce would mind answering this simple question, even though it was first asked 15 years ago... But I guess it's more important to only get personal when you are selling your product. Not supporting it.