function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PayerPathPayerPath 

.Net Provider Connection String

I was looking at the provider and it seems really straight forward, but I have a couple of questions.

1.  How do you set the connection,  I know to create a new connection object, but what is the correct syntax for the actualy connection string itself?  I did not see that in any examples.

2.  Do you still have to use the web service with the provider?

3.  Which offers better performance, the web service, the provider, the odbc driver?  The reason I ask is that I am writing an import/export tool to take data from our SF account and import them into another system for joint reports.  This is going to be a batch process that runs nightly and I want the best performance I can get.  The current process we used for the initial import was the web service and that appeared to be low and the odbc driver ( used as link server ) was horribly slow.

Thanks for any help.

Harry
Mike LeachMike Leach
The web service will always be the fastest interface. Providers simply provide a friendly abstraction layer, and with that comes some latency and overhead.

Batch replication performance is largely achieved through the use of getUpdated(DateTime lastSyncDate) and SOAP compression.

The first replication *will* be slow, but subsequent replications will only fetch records that have changed since the last batch.

References:
7.0 API Look for getUpdated under API Calls

SOAP Compression