function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rohit2006Rohit2006 

Replicating salesforce table structure on local machine

Hi all;
                  I want to replicate the particular table(object like task,contact) into a sql table on my local machine.Can salesforce API provide any way to get the equivalent sql commands(create table) so that by executing that command I can replicate the particular salesforce table on my local sql server(MS SQL 2000).Right now I am getting metadata of a prticular table and writting loops to replicate the table.But it is very complex process.Is there any other alternative?

Rohit
Gareth DaviesGareth Davies
Is this a one-off or a regular process? Does it need to remain synchronised as updates are made via custom fields in Salesforce.com?

We are preparing to make a commerical release our integration libraries - if you are willing to join our early testing program send me an email.

The libraries will let you simply create an XMLSchema Definition file. You should be able to use this to create your table definitions directly.

We are also looking at ways of exposing these features in the next version of Developers' Sidekick.

Cheers
Gareth.
gibmgibm

I would also like to do this as a one off process.  We are loading data locally and cleaning / verifying before uploading to salseforce.com.  Any thoughts?