function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
awinawin 

querystring get cut off

Hi,
I have found that my custom link was cut off due to the limitation of a querystring. 

Right now, I am in the middle of the deadline, so I am thinking of a quick fix. 

My question is whether I can just remove the URL field and hard code it in my C# code.  But I just started using salesforce don't know much about ins-and-outs. 

My question is 'Does URL change from post to post (well, at least for a next 15 days before I have time to fix this.)?

Any suggestion on how to avoid using querystring is welcome.  Or any other solution will be greately apprecitated.  Thank you.
-ann 
DevAngelDevAngel
Hi awin,

Is that the full url?  It looks extremely reasonable.

If you do find yourself in the situation where you have too many merge fields to stay under the 2000 character url limit, you can reduce the number of merge fields and then retrieve that data using the api.  If you have the session, url and account id, for instance, you can use the retrieve call to pull the full details of the account record.

Cheers
awinawin

Yes, it is the full url.  When I step through the code I found that site has been cut off to 4 character sometimes, not always, and it seems to me that session ID is very long.  I did not really count the actual number of characters though. 

And, thank you for your solution.  And I will do that when I have more time.  Right now I am looking for a really quick fix.  And I am not sure you answer my question of whether I can hard code the URL until I have time to go with the route that you suggested.

Thank you

-ann