function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
teddyteddy 

i am having trouble using the new outbound messging

Hi,

i was testing the new outbound messaging feature and am having issues. The message is not reaching the web service it is supposed to call and the reason for delivery Failure reads " Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction:.". I would really appriciate if anybody could help me out here.

To give some background how i tried to use the featue: I am using .net framwork 1.1. I have downloaded the from salesforce and have generated the concrete classes and the abstract class(for the service call) using wsdl.exe (/server option). I then created a web service that inhertes from the abstract class and the service call just responds with a postive ack.

Thanks
SuperfellSuperfell
wsdl.exe /server in .NET 1.1 is almost useless, although you've subclassed the generated class, the WS runtime does not use the attributes that we generated on the base class, this will cause the service definition to no longer match the WSDL. If you're stuck on .NET 1.1 (2.0 is much better), then rather than subclassing, you need to put your code inside the generated code (yes this sucks).
teddyteddy
I would really like to thank the admin for the fast response. I was able to receive  the calls from the outbound messaging to my web service. I am now facing another problem. After receiving the calls, the web service would try to update the record which triggered the workflow. the service is not able to update the record when using the session id and partner url sent by the outbound message(i am using the parntner API). However  the service was able to update the record when usin the standard login procedure(user name+ password). I am getting the session id, the parner url and all other fields i have requested but the call back seems to fail. Any ideas?
SuperfellSuperfell
How does it fail when you use the supplied url / sessionId ?
teddyteddy
i haven't implemented any logging in the web service and as a result don't have any exceptions or error messages. all i am seeing is that the record is not updated and the only difference in this version from a previous version is the login mechanism.

if the problem is still vague, i will try to find the exact error messages.

Thanks.

SuperfellSuperfell
I doubt you'll make much progress without knowing what the SaveResult says the problem was.