function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
najnaj 

mass email for custom object record type

Hi all

I have a new record type(appointed) in a custom object named DFS. I need to send the mass emails to that record type list. Please let me know if there are any ways.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
imutsavimutsav
I guess mass email through out of the box functionality can only be sent on Contact and Lead object. However we can't send mass email on Custom Object. If the record type is on Contact or Lead then from the view in mass email create a new view filter on this new record type then select all the users and send the mass email. I guess in your case of custom object you need to write an apex class to send mass email. Out of the box functionality might not work in your case. Also you might not want to send mass email on your custom object as 'Email Opt Out' feature will not be easy to implement which is a compliance issue. You can also use exact target, magnet mail or any other 3rd party app.

Thanks
Utsav

[Do mark this answer as solution if it works for you and give a kudos.]

All Answers

imutsavimutsav
I guess mass email through out of the box functionality can only be sent on Contact and Lead object. However we can't send mass email on Custom Object. If the record type is on Contact or Lead then from the view in mass email create a new view filter on this new record type then select all the users and send the mass email. I guess in your case of custom object you need to write an apex class to send mass email. Out of the box functionality might not work in your case. Also you might not want to send mass email on your custom object as 'Email Opt Out' feature will not be easy to implement which is a compliance issue. You can also use exact target, magnet mail or any other 3rd party app.

Thanks
Utsav

This was selected as the best answer
najnaj

Hi Utsav,

is there any way that the created record type from custom object can be exported out and again imported to the contacts record type?

skodisanaskodisana
Hi,

Create w Workflow rule with email alert as an action on the Custom object with records type condition and checkbox. Using Mass Edit from Lists view (This list view should have record type condition filter) )edit the records and check the checkbox for all selected records.

Thanks,
Srikanth. K
imutsavimutsav
Can you tell us your use case ?
imutsavimutsav
before you send the mass email to the customers you should check with your marketing team regarding the 'unsubscribe' functionality. Without giving the users ability to unsubscribe from your mass email list, it would create problems for your company.

The correct was is to use mass email functionality through Contacts or Leads.

Thanks
Utsav