function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Edward chanEdward chan 

Need more details of it

Hi,
I want to copy one existing report from one folder to another. Is it to export the original one first? If yes, how can we further capture the exported source into one other folder? Can I have the details of this?

Many Thanks & Best Regards,
Edward Chan

dotnet developedotnet develope

Hi,

First you need to run the report and click on SaveAs to copy the reports in any of your folder

Edward chanEdward chan
Thanks a lot. Why do I only see 3 folders below?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40211031/t3.jpg

Many Thanks & Best Regards,
Edward Chan
BharathimohanBharathimohan

Hi Edward,

Can you please share the image again, for your below post,

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/Need-more-details-of-it/td-p/594703

Regards,

Bharathi
Salesforce For All

Mark this post as solved, if it helps you

Edward chanEdward chan
BharathimohanBharathimohan

Hi Edward,

To save a copy of the report, click on "Save As" button in the Report UI.

On clicking it, it will show you the another screen asking for the new report name and the folder that you want to save, and you can save it with a new name and into the folder you want..

Reason for showing only 3 folders:

Although you can see many Report Folders in the left side of the Report Tab, most of them are Stadard Salesforce Folder. We cannot save a new report into a standard report folder except "Unfiled Public Reports folder" and "My Personal Custom Reports Folder" and hence showing only the folders that you have access to save.

In case , if you have anyother custom folders that was not shown, then you may not have access to that particular folder. Check the Report Folder Settings and include your Role for access.

To move a report from one folder to another folder :

Click edit in the Report, and click "Report Properties" and select the folder to move and click save.

Note : Reports in Standard Folders cannot be edited, and can only be copied using "Save As"

Regards,

Bharathi
Salesforce For All

Mark this post as solved & give a Kudos, if it helps you