function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DorababuDorababu 

Objects Relationship

Hi friends,

I have query regarding relationship between objects. I have One standard object(A), two custom objects(B,C). I want C as related list in both A and B. What kind of relationship should be there between A,B and C(I think look up does it). But I want A and B as related lists in C also. To serve this purpose what kind of relation should be there?

paul.magpaul.mag

to get related lists you need to use a lookup or master detail (depending on how you want them to interact) you would create a lookup on A to B & C / on B to A & C / on C to A & B. Then just modify the relationship names to what you need and also the page layouts. I dont know what you are building but it all sounds a bit messy, might want to just make sure you want to create this web

Prafull G.Prafull G.
Seems like you want to achieve Many to Many functionality between object C and A or B.

For this, you need to create a Junction object with lookup of all 3 objects.
Then you can use the Same junction object on all 3 objects as related list.

NOTE: you can change the Related List Label on junction object to say A, B, C as per your need.
gautam_singhgautam_singh

Hi,

I believe that you accomplish the task with Lookup Relationships. Follow the below steps for your requirement..

1. On C Object , Create a Lookup to Object A and Object B.

2. Modify the Page Layout of A and B so as the related List of C comes in both of them .

3. Go to Object A and B individually and add lookup for Object C .

4. Now , modify the Layout of Object C so as the related list of A and B shows up there . You are done ..

Note :

I have a slight doubt with your requirements if you need something like the records in C come only when there is a value in A and B then you should go with Junction Objects Concepts and rather it would be Many to Many Relationship . For more Information on that Click Here .

If you find this information useful then please mark it as a solution for the benfit of others .

Thank You