function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AkilAkil 

Campaing Member status

i want to add a picklist value by default to all my campaign members. i am getting 'Sent and 'Responded' as values currently. Would be glad to add few more values to that.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AkilAkil
I came cross the below link, I guess this would be a good workaround to achieve what we are looking.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Trigger-to-create-Campaign-Member-Status-automatically/td-p/164310

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

All Answers

paul.magpaul.mag

on the campaign record click the advanced setup button and add/edit your status in there

AkilAkil
Thanks paul.

But I would like to add the picklist value globally. Users are not comfortable adding the value from advance set up everytime.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com
paul.magpaul.mag

You cannot set a global campaign status picklist, each campaign is designed to be unique in this. We recently looked into this as well in order to enforce some data quality but had to to just use business process rather than SFDC to achieve it.

AkilAkil
I came cross the below link, I guess this would be a good workaround to achieve what we are looking.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Trigger-to-create-Campaign-Member-Status-automatically/td-p/164310

www.wipro.com
This was selected as the best answer