function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sushmaiyer2@gmail.comsushmaiyer2@gmail.com 

Why Some fields of an some Objects are not available while creating a Report?

Hi All,

I am trying to create a Report from an Object but all the field of that object are not available to me.But this happened only in case on Some Objects.

Please kindly Help and Guide.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

Please confirm the following:

1. Field Level Security (FLS) -> This is the first thing to check. Look at the Profile of the User, and make sure that for the Custom Objects in the report, you have FLS access to those fields.

2. If this a report type that you created, and since creating the report type you added the fields to the object, you may need to add the fields to the report type. Go to Setup -> Create -> Report Types. Click the link to the Report Type you are working with. Scroll to the bottom of the page. You will see a section "Fields Available For Report". Click "Edit Layout". This will give you an editor page where you can add fields to the report that are not visible.

All Answers

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

Please confirm the following:

1. Field Level Security (FLS) -> This is the first thing to check. Look at the Profile of the User, and make sure that for the Custom Objects in the report, you have FLS access to those fields.

2. If this a report type that you created, and since creating the report type you added the fields to the object, you may need to add the fields to the report type. Go to Setup -> Create -> Report Types. Click the link to the Report Type you are working with. Scroll to the bottom of the page. You will see a section "Fields Available For Report". Click "Edit Layout". This will give you an editor page where you can add fields to the report that are not visible.

This was selected as the best answer
sushmaiyer2@gmail.comsushmaiyer2@gmail.com

Hi Cory,

Thanks so much...!

The second option which you gave Solved my problem...

I had to had field from View: section into the particular Object Section and could see the required field available for my reports...

Thanks Again...:)